Background of Sammy's Place
- Welcome to Sammy's Place. Twenty three years and counting, invading Al Gore's Internet playground since 1995. Who is Sammy? Sammy is a sweet little basset, a 72 pound hunk of burnin' love who scoped out deer and armadillos from his various vantage points in Florida. Sammy left this earth for the Rainbow Bridge at the age of 13, forever the first basset with his own home page. He was a gentle little creature in his little brown fur coat.
- Remember: "Every home page should try to be complete on something, if it were only a listing of Florida school districts who have listed job opportunities on the Web." (paraphrase of Holmes).
- No particular order of district names. Starts with districts who got on first on the web with job postings...namely Pasco County.
- I set up this personal web site of educational job related files in Pasco County in March 1995. Due to many requests from visitors to that site, additional links have been collected.There is no intent to endorse the services of any particular site or agency.
- Read the fine print in the ads, such as application procedures and employment filing instructions:)
- I am not a Career Specialist -- they won't even let me play one on TV -- but remember: when it comes to job hunting, you are in the driver's seat. Unless you have an understanding mentor, no one else is looking out for your interests.
- So what are you waiting for? Update your professional skills. Do some reading, study, and sharpen your saw, as Covey would say. Polish your resume and as well as your interviewing skills. Get to know the right people. Don't be shy. Some jobs may be wired but it does not hurt to get your name out there. Eye contact is a must during job interviews.
- Good luck in your job search. Let me hear from you - and let me know if you found success - or if the listings need to be updated. Person's names and identities are never displayed on Sammy's Place.
This site has no affiliation with past or present -- it is a service to persons interested in public education. Send any comments, corrections, kudos, dog bones, and even complaints Email Sammy